LEARNING HAVING FUN!
THE DIDACTIC VALUE OF RAFTING
What rafting can do for schools
A SAFE school trip on the river with our professional staff, assured and updated and for everyone. We respect the safety rules and regulations of the Federazione Italiana Rafting.
A school trip that bring together sport, nature and with the goal to consolidate the class.
Year after year we verified the value of this activity:
- Work with and for the group
- Learn to listen, understand and put into practice
- Be self-sufficient and do team work from the beginning until the end
- Share a real life experience
- Face together the obstacles and fears
- Get excited for the run
- Discover new landscapes from a different point of view the Dora Baltea
- For the teachers is good to see the students in a different environment, without worrying about the safety of class.
HOW IT WORKS
The teachers can get in contact with us to receive more information, material or to ask how to organise the activity in the most comfortable date and arrangement.
We are always available to organise in the best way possible your school trip. Call 346 099 0990 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
DOWNLOAD THE SCHOOL PROJECT
For Aosta Valley schools is possible to plan the transport as well
Rafting for schools:
for the students is a trip to have fun and share emotions and experiences with their classmates.
PLAN FOR THE DAY
Here the program of the day: (planned following the teachers instructions)
- Welcome and control of the signed authorisations
- Explanation of safety rules and rafting techniques done byguides certified Federazione Italiana Rafting
- Get ready with the provided technical material
- On board of our vans to the embarkation point
- Training on land: safety rules and rafting techniques before the departure on the river
- Safe navigation and water activity
- Back to the rafting centre
- Group games on the lake (on demand)
- Hot shower and change of clothes
- Packed lunch in the green area or indoor: tables and chairs available (on demand)
GREEN AREA AND LUNCH
The school groups can enjoy the green area for the whole day. It is provided of toielts, tables and chairs indoor, ping-pong, foosball, synthetic football field for 3 (ask the bar for prices and booking), bar service.
Possibility to ask for packed lunch or discounted chicken and fries at the bar del Laghetto. Prices and menu on request for schools (info: Denis 342 352 8288)
TO COMPLETE THE DAY
On request: group games on the lake, lesson of nots.
Our school projects are from mid-April to the firsts of October.
Rafting can be categorized in sport, health and environment projects.
Il Rafting è un efficace strumento per la formazione del gruppo. Rafting is an efficient instrument to create a groups. It is indicated for new class groups and it is incredibly useful to work with problematic classes with low cohesion.
A school that presents a welcome project as rafting give straight away a clear message of its planning.
WHAT WE PROVIDE AND WHAT TO BRING
We provide all the technical material homologated to international standards IRF and to the FIRaft regulation: whole Mares neoprene wetsuit (4mm for rafting), Mares neoprene boots, helmet and a lifejacket (Personal Flotation Device).
We suggest to bring:
- Cotton or thermal T-shirt to wear under the wetsuit with bad weather
- Cotton socks to get wet
- Glasses-tie if you can’t do without (soft contact lens? Ok!)
- Shower kit
- Rafting Republic provide accessible toilets, dressing rooms and hot showers.
WHY RAFTING REPUBLIC
Since 2003 we adapt rafting for schools, foster homes, onlus, scouts, sport associations, groups of young Italians and not, military schools, foreign universities. In particular, from 2012-2013 school year, we welcome on September the firsts classes of St-Roch institution of Aosta with we refined our practices and competences during the years, always having great feedback from the new students.