HAVE FUN LEARNING!
THE EDUCATIONAL IMPORTANCE OF RAFTING
A SAFE school trip on the river is the perfect outdoor excursion for students of any age. Our professional and always up-to-date guides work in compliance with the safety standards and rules set by the Italian Federation of Rafting.
Through a blend of fun, challenging and outdoor activities, our experienced instructors will invite your kids to find out more about working and cooperate as a group.
DOWNLOAD THE RAFTING PROJECT
These are the values that children have learned thanks to this activity, year after year:
- work in a group and for a group
- listen and understand instructions and then put them into practice
- be autonomous and help with the gearing up and the boat storing
- share a practical experience
- deal with and overcome obstacles and fears together
- have an exciting rafting experience
- discover hidden landscapes from the point of view of the Dora Baltea river
- For teachers, a chance to observe their pupils in a safe and defined environment away from the classroom.
HOW IT WORKS
Teachers can contact us directly to receive more information, our brochure or what they need in order to plan their activity on the dates and in the ways that more suit them. Please contact us any time to help you better organize your school trip: +39 346 099 0990 or email@example.com
Time spent in the outdoors, on adventure activities, gives children a chance to share new and exciting experiences together.
YOUR DAY WITH US
Depending on the needs and requirements of teachers, we will welcome children and explain to them the programme of their day:
- Welcome and authorizations check
- Safety talk and instructions on paddling from our F.I.RAFT. licensed guides
- Gearing up with technical equipment
- Boarding on our vehicles to reach the starting point
- Paddling lesson on land and safety instructions before going on the river
- Safety navigation and activity on the river
- Back to the base
- Team games on the lake (upon request)
- Warm showers
LAKESIDE AREA AND LUNCH
Pupils can spend their entire day at our base where they have access to the sanitary building, tables and chairs in our outdoor covered area, ping-pong, table football, a synthetic field for jorkyball (ask the bar for prices and reservations), catering service provided by Ambaradan. You can choose to order a packed lunch or chicken and fries at the Ambaradan Snack Bar. For further information on prices and menus, please contact Denis: +39 342 352 8288.
THE ICING ON THE CAKE
To finish off in the best possible way, you can request some add-ons: the Greundzo Adventure Park, Team games on the lake, knot tying lessons.
We carry out our projects with schools from mid-April to the beginning of October. Rafting activities fall under the category of sports, health and environment projects.
Rafting is an effective tool to create a solid group. Ideal for new groups and surprisingly helpful to work with classes featuring turbulent elements and low sense of teamwork.
A school that chooses to carry out a rafting project provides a clear intention of its values and intent.
WHAT TO BRING AND WHAT WE GIVE YOU
We provide you with the full gear: our equipment meets both the international standards and the Italian Rafting Federation requirements: a Mares neoprene wetsuit (4mm for rafting), Mares neoprene booties, a helmet and a Personal Flotation Device (life jacket).
We suggest you bring:
- cotton or thermal t-shirt to be worn under your wetsuit in case of bad weather
- cotton socks
- if you can’t do without them, bring laces for your glasses (soft contact lenses are ok)
- everything you need to take a shower
- At Rafting Republic we give you free access to sanitary facilities, changing rooms and warm showers
WHY CHOOOSING RAFTING REPUBLIC
Since 2003 we have navigated with schools, children’s communities, non-profit organizations, scout groups, sports associations, youth groups from Italy and other parts of the world, military schools, foreign universities. In addition, from the 2012-2013 school year, we welcome first graders of the St-Roch Primary school of Aosta during the month of September. With them have developed good practices and skills over the years, reaching a high level of satisfaction among new pupils.